In math, we are currently working on a number of fundamental concepts, such as:
- Greatest Common Factors
- Least Common Multiple
- Creating Equivalent Ratios
- Solving word problems with ratios and rates
- Writing Expressions with one variable
- Solving expressions with on variable
- Exploring units of measurement
All of the above skills will enable us to get to work on our math project: building scale sized roller coasters where 1/4"= 1'
Unit 1 was completed on Oct. 12 and we learned about a variety of different types of government. We also had an opportunity to create a problem solution essay as well as an argument essay.